Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (#72) - Books On My End of the Year TBR


Happy Tuesday!
This week I am sharing with you ten books I want to have read by the end of 2016. 
Let me know in the comments what you have on your Fall/end of 2016 TBR!


I have loved every contemporary novel I've read by Kasie West so I have no doubt I will like this too. In P.S. I Like You Lily falls for her anonymous pen pal and attempts to find who she is connecting with while juggling school, friends, and her crazy family. 


Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown tells the story of out and proud Joanna who moves from Atlanta to Georgia. Her new hometown is very conservative and when her father asks her to lie low for her senior year, Jo tries to pass as a straight girl. 


Adnan's Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial by Rabia Chaudry focuses on key evidence that according to Rabia Chaudry dismantles the State's case against Adnan Syed. The book also shares Adnan's life in prison and presents never-before-seen letters by Syed. 


The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon tells the story of Natasha and Daniel, a girl whose family is hours away from being deported to Jamaica and a boy who has put his dreams on hold to be the kind of son his parents expect him to be. 


Kids of Appetite by David Arnold is a story about first love and devastating loss. It includes, among other things, one dormant submarine, a coded mission to scatter ashes across New Jersey and a story collector. 


In Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Everything in Between Lauren Graham recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls and shares stories about love, life, and working in Hollywood. 


Teach Me to Forget by Erica M. Chapman is the story of suicidal girl Ellery and a boy called Colter who is determined to change her mind. 


When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore weaves together multicultural elements and magical realism into a story about a transgender boy and the best friend he's falling in love with. 


This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills tells the story of Sloane who falls in with a group of friends when she moves from New York to Florida. Expect friendships, romance, and sharp, witty dialogue.


In What Light by Jay Asher Sierra has two lives - her life in Oregon at her family's Christmas tree farm and her life in California during the Christmas season at her family's Christmas tree lot. Usually being one place means missing the other...until Sierra meets Caleb.

So what's on your fall/end of 2016 TBR? Let me know in the comments!


20 comments:

  1. Oh man you have so many I want to read as well! I am excited for What Light, This Adventure Ends, The Sun is Also a Star and Talking As Fast As I Can. I really enjoyed PS I Like You and Kids of Appetite. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to read Lauren Graham's book. Anything to do with Gilmore Girls, I'm there for it :D
      What Light sounds like a perfect book for the holiday season and the synopsis for it makes me very excited. Hopefully it won't end up being disappointing.

      Thanks for stopping by Grace! :)

      Delete
  2. SO many books to read.... I did my list but I have a lot on my bookshelves that I wish I could read them all in one sit. http://justusbookblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-fall-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling - sometimes I wish I could just stop time for a while so I could read and not actually miss anything important :D

      Delete
  3. I LOVED Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, now I can't wait to get my hands on The Sun Is Also A Star! Great Top Ten :DMy Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Everything Everything to be quite good too, so that makes me very excited about The Sun Is Also A Star :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm dying to read The Sun is Also a Star. I'm sure it will be fantastic. I really want to get my hands on the Adnan book as well. I'm super curious about that one! Great picks and i hope you love them all.

    AngelErin @ Angel Erin's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book about Adnan is probably something I'll try to pick up around Christmas time to balance my cheesy Christmas romances - I usually like to read non-fiction on holidays when I don't have school readings. :D Christmas cannot come fast enough.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. After listening to the Serial podcast, I now want to read Adnan's Story too.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-fall-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should listen to Undisclosed - it focuses on Adnan's story too, but from a more legal perspective. One of the podcasters is the lawyer who wrote the book.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. That Nicola Yoon book isn't on the list I compiled today but I want to read it asap. I loved Everything Everything
    My Fall TBR here: https://runwright.net/2016/09/27/fall-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard to keep this list within ten books because there are just so many intriguing books out there :D

      Delete
  7. What Light is on my list, too, and I am really looking forward to fitting in P.S. I like you. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I hope you find a time to read them both + enjoy them! I have especially high hopes for What Light because it sounds exactly like something I could fall in love with.

      Delete
  8. I really want P.S I Like You and Talking As Fast As I Can, but I'm trying to avoid buying books as much as I can until I actually have an income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have P.S. I Like You, but I think I'll probably ask for Lauren Graham's book for Christmas because I should also avoid buying excessive amounts of books at the moment :D

      Delete
  9. I've heard a lot about The Sun is Also a Star! Hope you will enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for Lauren Graham's book! Totally forgot about that one. I usually get all of my books at the library, but I will probably head to the bookstore for that one! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read that one, should be super good and funny! :D

      Delete