Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Best of 2016...so far (#6): Podcasts


My final "Best of 2016...so far" post will focus on podcasts. There are only a few that I've actively listened to this year, but I think in this case quality triumphs quantity.


Though I didn't find season 2 of Serial quite as interesting as the first season, mostly because true crime stories are more of my thing, season 2 of Serial was well-researched, intriguing and excellently put together. Can't wait to see what season 3 focuses on.


Speaking of Serial... I listened to Undisclosed early this year to get more into the case of Adnan Syed and the different investigative and legal steps that have been taken to prove Adnan's innocence. Though the podcast is not purely pro-Adnan, it is definitely more on his side (one of the attorneys narrating the podcast is a family friend of Adnan's). Undisclosed covers what Serial talked about and dives deeper into the issues, evidence, etc.


Someone Knows Something is a podcast by CBC radio which focuses on the disappearance of a five-year-old Adrien McNaughton in 1972 through interviews of Adrien's family and investigation into aspects of the missing person's case that were not taken during the original investigation in the 1970s.


I am still in season 2 of Gilmore Guys, most because I like to listen to it only when I am rewatching Gilmore Girls, but I do love this podcast and want to keep listening to it. The episodes are quite long, so it always takes me a while to get through them (I only listen to podcasts while biking/walking and usually these episodes are too long for my bike ride to school).


I loved the Manson episodes of You Must Remember This and I've been listening to it on and off since then. This podcast is a must-listen for all classical Hollywood fans!

2 comments:

  1. You Must Remember This is a favorite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying Someone Knows Something. I enjoyed that one too. I skipped Serial Season 2 as the subject matter just didn't appeal to me. I started listening to the Manson episodes of You Must Remember This last night -- love that podcast (I believe I found it via YOU!) :)

    ReplyDelete