Monday, June 27, 2016

Best of 2016...so far (#5): Bloggers


I love sharing my love for other bloggers because the book blogging community is so freaking awesome! Today I am going to share a few bloggers I've come across for the first time during the first month of 2016. If you have a new blog or if you think I've never visited yours, please leave me a link so I can come and share some love!


Chelsea blogs at Sparkles & Scribbles and her blog is about books, beauty and more. I came across Chelsea's blog after stumbling to her Twitter page and I love checking out her "Monthly Scribbles" wrap ups where she shares her favorite books, beauty products, tv shows, podcasts and so on (these are always filled with great recommendations!)


I have chatted with Ely on Twitter and from her Twitter profile I found my way to Tea & Titles which is run by Ely and her co-blogger Michelle. Tea & Titles is updated actively and in addition to reviewing books they participate in different weekly memes, share lists of things (like what they have on their Netflix queues) and so on.


I fell in love with Stephanie's blog design at Chasm of Books and I have been going back for her reviews and discussion posts (like this one on why you should try audiobooks!) Chasm of Books is specially dedicated to science fiction and fantasy, which are not typically my go-to genres, but when I am in the mood for something that isn't contemporary, I often check Stephanie's blog for recommendations.


Tika's blog Fangirl Confessions is not only visually gorgeous but also features awesome reviews for books from a lot of different genres. Tika is also very active on Twitter which is something I love since I am also bit obsessed with Twitter at the moment.

I also want to bring up a two awesome young readers/writers from Twitter: 



Michael is a writer himself as well as a reader of YA fiction. He also contributes to @BNTeens and @MTV and I think he has a lot of great things to say. In his Twitter profile he describes himself as a "Lucille Bluth enthusiast" which made me instantly hit the "follow" button since, as some of you might now, Arrested Development gives me life (so much so that I am doing my master's degree on that show). One of my favorite pieces by Michael is I Might Be Gay, But Please Don't Call Me Your 'Gay Best Friend' from MTV.com. You can find more about Michael from his website.


When Camryn is doing big things in Hollywood or in the publishing circuit (OR BOTH!) I am going to be one of those really pretentious people telling that I followed her on Twitter when she was still in the process of reaching world domination. Camryn is so wonderful with words and she has got me thinking about race, white privilege, intersectional feminism and so on. This girl is going to be doing big things one day and I can't wait! (MTV named her as one of 8 inspiring teens using social media to change the world!)

As I said, if you want me to check out your new blog or if you think I haven't been over to your blog in a while, leave me a comment and I will come over and share some bookish love!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for mentioning us! I love Stephanie's blog too—her design is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful topic! I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to follow! I do follow some of the ones listed above, but I've got tabs open for those I haven't heard of. Definitely going to check them out. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Happy Tuesday! My TTT post

    ReplyDelete