Monday, April 18, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon


Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is almost here and I bet it needs no introductions. I wasn't quite sure whether I would be able to participate, but since it seems like my uni schedule has opened up a little bit, I hope that I have at least a little bit time to participate in all of the fun. I have a bunch of short books from the library on loan, and I think those would make wonderful readathon reads.

Though I don't want to set myself a strict TBR pile for the 24 hours, here is a list of the books that I would like to pick from:

Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto (177 pgs)
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone by Tennessee Williams (111 pgs)
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark (128 pgs)
Murder in the Dark by Margaret Atwood (110 pgs)
The Third Man by Graham Greene (157 pgs)
What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver (134 pgs)
The Night of the Hunter by Davis Grubb (200 pgs)
Are You My Mother? by Alison Bechdel (290 pgs)
Pride and Prejudice: The Graphic Novel by Laurence Sach and Rajesh Nagulakonda (104 pgs)

In addition to reading, I hope to take part in at least some of the challenges, because year after year those are always good fun and a nice break from the reading.

Are you participating in the readathon? What are you planning to read?


No comments:

Post a Comment