Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Film Review #13) - Once Upon A Holiday


The Most Wonderful Time of the Year celebrates Christmas and the Holiday season through Christmas related posts.
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year will run from the 1st of December to the 25th!
Happy Holidays!




Once Upon a Holiday (2015)
A Hallmark Channel Original Movie
Starring Paul Campbell & Briana Evigan

Since I am a sucker for the royal-commoner love story trope and romantic Christmas stories in general, I absolutely ended up falling in love with Once Upon a Holiday.


Katie is the princess of a randomly named, fictional European country. She is in New York City just a couple of days before Christmas Eve, and her schedule is filled with meetings with ambassadors and other events of official capacity. Dying to spend Christmas like she did when she was a child, running around New York City with her mother, Katie waits for the perfect moment and makes an escape from the confines of her security. But New York City isn't quite as safe as she thought it would be, but luckily she repeatedly runs into a charming young man who eventually ends up giving her the best Christmas of her life.

After getting his heart broken, Jack has been devoting his time to working and helping others. While his sister and friends think he should take a leap and start dating again, he thinks he is not ready for the commitment. When he repeatedly into Katie, who seems like she is a bit lost, it is only natural to him to try and help her. He thinks she might be in trouble and has no idea that Katie is a royal.


Ever since I read Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot YEARS AGO, I have been obsessed with stories that feature love between a royal and a commoner. When I read about this movie, I was pretty positive I would love it, and I was right. Briana Evigan is really good in this one and throughout the whole film she really reminded me of Hayden Panettiere. Paul Campbell is quickly becoming my favorite Hallmark guy out there - there is something so "normal" about him, yet he is incredibly charming and sweet and handsome! I think this was my third Paul Campbell Hallmark film for this year, and I really cannot wait to see more of him in any capacity.

If you are a fan of stories about royals, cute romances, Christmas or cute films in general, you definitely should check this one out! I already kind of want to rewatch it, but I think I will save it for my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day film marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment