Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (#8)–YA Big Brother House


For more information, click here.
YA Big Brother House - Top Ten YA Characters Who I would like to see in a Big Brother House
Big Brother is a reality TV show which follows a number of contestants, known as housemates, who are isolated from the outside world for an extended period of time in a custom built house. The contestants are continually monitored by in-house television cameras as well as personal audio microphones.
yabb1
Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins)
Katniss is strong, independent, stubborn and just generally a super badass character. It would be interesting to see which characters she would trust and team up with. I feel like she would be one of those participants who would keep their eyes open all the time, trying to find the weaknesses of the other participants.
Alison DiLaurentis (Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard)
I haven’t read all the books in the series, but what I know from the books I’ve read + the TV show (I haven’t seen half of the most recent season), Alison would probably try to befriend a lot of the other participants, just to find their weaknesses in order to stab them in the back later for her own benefit. Alison would definitely come to the house with a plan.
Bianca Piper (The Duff by Kody Keplinger)
Bianca is cynical and sarcastic, but also extremely loyal. She is bit of a loner and does not go with the “mainstream”, She is pessimistic and usually tends to think of the worse from people. Her sense of humour and snarky remarks probably would not please everyone, but I feel like she could form a connection with for example Levi or Jace. I also feel like Bianca and Alison would probably end up hating each other.
Lihn Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)
Cinder is smart and resourceful, but also bit of an outsider. I feel like it could be difficult for the participants to get to know her, but that the ones that she would open herself up to would become really good friends with her. For some reason I really see a friendship forming between Cinder and Katniss.
Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare)
Isabelle would probably stir up a lot of conversation with her wild outfits and behaviour. If there were to be a party, she would be there first. Isabelle and Alison would probably become BFFs, but at the same time they would plan how to destroy each other. Isabelle would probably be the one flirting with the male participants the most.
yabb2
Jace Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare)
Jace with his sense of humour and confidence would probably seem extremely desirable for some of the female participants, whereas some of his male counterparts could see him as competition. For some reason I really feel like if Jace was to hit on someone, it would be Katniss, just because she would probably be the one that does not fall to his charms, at least not instantly.
Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer)
Thorne is funny, witty and extremely handsome (I saw Garrett Hedlund mentioned on several fan castings so I included him here) and I could totally see him engage in some flirtation with both Isabelle and Alison. For some reason I also kind of see him trying to hit on Bianca because of her sense of humor.
Matt Finch (Open Road Summer by Emery Lord)
Matt is so artistic and sweet, but also extremely handsome and funny. They could give him a guitar to the house and he could play his way into the hearts of both the female participants of the house as well as the female audience members.
(Matt Finch obviously has not been cast since the novel just came out, but I went with country singer Hunter Hayes because he’s super cute, has that boy-next-door look Matt is described to have and also is a super good singer).
Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling)
I have always had a place in my heart for Draco and I would love to see how he behaves in a closed environment like this. Would he trust anyone? Would he be himself or pretend to be someone he is not? Would he fall in love with one of the girls? I feel like he would either crush on Katniss or Isabelle. Or maybe Cinder because they’re both kind of underdogs in some sense.
Levi (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell)
Levi is just the sweetest guy ever, always smiling and being nice to everyone. It would be interesting to see how that works in an environment were you have to be somewhat cunning and calculating. I would totally root for Levi, but I don’t know how long he would last there in the house.
(I kept seeing Zach Roegic’s name on some mentioned in fan castings for Levi and decided to include his picture here. I totally get by some would think he would be the perfect Levi – he looks so nice and cute and handsome, and totally has that country boy look).
Which fictional characters would you like to see in a Big Brother house?






















14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am not a fan of Big Brother in general, but I would totally watch it with these characters in the house. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is AMAZING!!! Love this idea! I would watch it and subscribe to the live feeds! The only problem would be deciding who to root for to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I would totally watch it 24/7 as well!
      Yeah, it would be so difficult to decide who I would like to see as a winner. Probably now Alison, but otherwise I would be fine with pretty much anyone.

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! And I'm glad to meet someone else who loves Draco. <3 I'd love to see The Darkling thrown into that cast of characters. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Draco 4EVER <3
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I've never seen this show before, but it sounds like an interesting idea. I would watch it if it had all of these characters in the show.

    new follower via GFC


    My Top Ten Tuesday

    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show usually sucks (they have both a version for "normal" people and a version for celebrities) but I would totally watch this one :D

      Thanks for following and for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh! Now this would make me actually watch BB! I haven't watched it in so long, but this would be so entertaining. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched BB for years either, but this would totally be awesome and made me watch it :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Oh man! This has to be the best list I have seen today! Can you imagine Ally in the house!? That would be a Big Brother I would watch!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I had a LOT of fun doing this list :)
      I feel like if Ally were in the house, she would somehow be able to win the Big Brother to her side and screw everyone else over.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic list theme! This would be such a fun show to watch. I completely agree that Cinder and Katniss would probably end up being friends, it would be interesting to see how Draco deals with someone like Katniss...but I definitely see him trying to get on Isabelle's good side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had so much fun putting this together!
      I feel like both Katniss and Cinder have this loner vibe that would probably pull them together. Draco would probably be very offended by someone like Katniss possibly ordering him around, but I bet he would secretly like it :D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete